Murdoch Blogs provides blogs for staff and students. We are using the Open Source blogging platform WordPressMu .
How do I get a new blog?
1. Decide whether your blog should be part of Murdoch Blogs.
2. Think about the decisions to make before you get a new blog .
3. Decide the web address for the blog.
This will be in the form http://blogs.murdoch.edu.au/yourblogname . Choose carefully because this cannot be changed and it cannot be re-used, even after you delete your blog.
4. Decide the name of your blog and the tagline (eg. Murdoch University Blogs: blogs for Murdoch University staff and students)
Click on the “get a new blog” button on the right sidebar.
You will log in using your Murdoch user name and password . You will automatically be asked to accept our legal Terms and Conditions when you do so.
Follow the other steps Steps to set up your blog . There are some essential settings that you will need to make.
This site has information about:
- Steps to set up your blog
- Should your blog be part of Murdoch Blogs?
- Decisions to make before you get a blog
- Appearance: themes
- Appearance: custom header image
- Appearance: sidebar and widgets
- Creating posts, pages and uploading pictures
- Murdoch Blogs: what, why and naked hamsters
How do I find out more about the project?
For help with a blog or blogging, email email@example.com